– Warm wood beams
– Rustic wood slats
– Vaulted ceilings
– Raising the roof to add a row of windows
– Cutting through the roof to install skylights
For these dramatic changes, you’ll need to hire a contractor (and maybe even an engineer) to advise you and do the work, keeping in mind structural issues in your home.
Other ceiling enhancements are easier to complete such as:
– Crown molding on or near the ceiling
– Coffered ceilings
– Coved ceilings
– Hollow beams that don’t add weight to your home’s structure
– Contrasting paint color, either darker or lighter than wall paint
– Stencils or murals
– Faux paint finishes
Take your home environment to a higher level – and don’t forget about the ceilings!